Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have lost my job due to my age, I am 42 years old

I have just attained the age of 42 years. I joined a highly reputed school in South Delhi in July\'09 on contactual appointment.My contract expired on 15th May\'2010 and I was told to look for another job as according to Department of education, no teacher can be given a scale if the teacher joins a school after the age of 40 years and the management has decided not to take anybody on contractual assignment. Sir, my question is whether there is any such notification by department of education. Please help as I am jobless after putting in 22 years of service.

Meena Aggarwal

1 comment:

DELTA said...

An employee on contract can be thrown out of job on the basis of the higher age which was attained during his/her period of contract.