Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I have served Indian Railway and joined Punjab Electricity Board after resignation

I have served Indian Railways from 03-04-1999 to 17-06-2007.With no objection from Railways & after submitting my Technical Resignation I joined Punjab State Electricity Board(now punjab state power corporation) on dated 18-06-07.While in Railways i was covered under old pension scheme.PSEB covered me under new pension scheme.My query is can my past service in railways be counted for pensionary benefits& Can I be covered under old pension scheme?

Varinder

1 comment:

DELTA said...

There are many provisions of Indian Railways which make them purely 'Autonomous'.

You were covered under Old Pension scheme because it was in practice before 2004.

You joined PSEB after 2004 and NPS will be applicable.

There are provisions of counting the past service for pensionary benefits.

Your case is going interesting as it is related with Indian Railway as one of the party.

Please provide some more details of your post and its technical aspects.

We will forward these matters to learned advocates in our network.