Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RTE says a child cannot be refused admission in school but not going so

Dear Delta team,


I was googling the RTE and found your site. I wonder if I can ask you a legal question re RTE>


I have a new school..low cost but high quality...that has not completed it’s registration. It takes a lot of time in Maharashtra but I suspect all over India there are schools like this and 1000’s of children affected.



When a child has to leave our school (Private unaided) and go to another school we write a bonafide certificate but cant give a full Leaveing Certificate. Some schools take the bonafide certificate but some are refusing to admit the child. We have a dear father who has moved to a town 3 hours away and the school will not accept the child based on our bonafide certificate ..the child is only 9. This seems ridiculous to me...(i am Australian) and I dont understand. I know the LC is a good concept, I assume to make sure kids dont leave fees behind in another school and then move to a new one..to build some accountability...but surely all over india are new schools in the process who dont have complete registration. Here in Maharashtra they aren’t registering any new schools right now. Also all over the state low income parents are dissatisfied with the Govt schools....and moving into private schools.



Do you have any insight into this?
IN the RTE it says a child cannot be refused admission. But it also says the principal can face disciplinary action. However registration takes time. ..unavoidably.



Can you give me any perspective on this. I feel very much for our few children and their parents who are having a difficult time with this. It could well take a year for our school to be registered and we have the Vice CM as the president of the trust we are working for. What about all those other schools and children out there. A friend of mine is also facing the same problem with one of her students who have moved on. Can these parents invoke the RTE and how would they go about it?
If you need to charge a fee for this advice do let me know. If you can just send me some advice quickly I would appreciate it as i feel very much for these parents who are facing problems.



Melinda Parker Gyanankur schools.


Hon Director


www.gyanankur.com

1 comment:

DELTA said...

If you are not issuing School Leaving Certificate then it is violation of CBSE norms.

RTE gives right to a child to get admission in a school but the implementing agencies are toothless.